DAY ONE //

11:23











I love few things more than a day where the weather is good enough to go for a walk with my camera. Thankfully, today was such a day and, after finishing my work, I spent most of an hour wandering aimlessly from my place to the woods just north of it. Admittedly, I never intended to end up in the woods - I wandered along a main street wondering what was beyond the places I had already been, stumbled across a small pond surrounded by ducks, and walked on from there. The woods presented themselves after a few minutes of wandering and I looped back to my place.

There's something about a lone walk with a camera that makes me feel settled, and - house geek that I am - I adore looking at all the different houses along the way. From old buildings that have stood through wars and mass millennium panic, to the new builds that stand striking in their uniqueness. They all have their own stories and besonderheiten that makes the latent writer in me imagine the lives of the people who chose to build it, who chose to live there.

While I don't take too many pictures of the houses themselves - much like with people, I feel this odd sense of intruding on something private when I do turn my camera to a building - each of them burn into my mind and create a memory worth the brief pause in an otherwise busy day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments