CURRENT READING //

10:22



I could lie and pretend that my Bloglovin' saved list isn't a disorganised mess, but it would be incredibly easy to prove that it, in fact, was. So, I won't pretend. But I will say that it's a place of lots of recipes I never get around to cooking and a mess of posts that seem to speak to my mood.

Here are some recently saved posts:

1. SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI & SAGE SAUCE at honest cooking
I am obsessed with sweet potatoes at the minute and gnocchi is one addictive way to serve potatoes. Albeit, having heard multiple testimonies on how fiddly making gnocchi is, I may hold off on actually trying this recipe out until I have some more confidence in my cooking capabilities.

2. 30 ETHICAL FASHION BRANDS YOU NEED TO KNOW at into mind
Ethical shopping really seems to be making the rounds in the blogging world. That's fantastic, because it not only means that we're introduced to more high quality, non-mainstream designers, but also that more and more people are thinking about where their products come from and what message the things they're buying sends. This list offers a variety of brands at various price points, but the comments also bring a few other options to the table.

3. THE PRINCIPLES OF BUILDING A MINIMAL WARDROBE at the private life of a girl
Continuing on the track of quality > quantity and less is more, this is a nice little summary of what you should keep in mind if a minimalist wardrobe appeals to you. I really like the idea of a minimalist wardrobe, personally, as I have a terrible habit of staring at a wardrobe full of clothes and going 'I have nothing to wear!! I don't want to wear thaaaaat'. It would be nice to eventually look at my wardrobe no matter how many clothes are in the washing basket and go 'Oh ok I'll wear this' without any feeling of ew I look gross why am I wearing this.

4. TUNNEL VISION AND ANIMAL RIGHTS at love from berlin
Rae of love from berlin uses a recent event that happened to her as a springboard to discuss the sometimes knee-jerk reaction of people in the vegan community. It's a great read if you're feeling particularly annoyed and like hating on someone, even if you're not vegan. I'm actually having a difficult time adequately explaining this article, so go read it.

5. STOP TELLING ME HOW TO BE HAPPY, INTERNET at dinner with maddie
I wasn't really sure what to expect of this post, admittedly. What could be wrong with telling people how to be happy? But it makes some excellent points about the flood of posts and saccharine quotes about happiness that have become commonplace in various parts of the internet. To quote the post: It’s like happiness itself has become a stand alone hobby for 18-35s, and there are ever-increasing mountains of material telling us all how to do it correctly.

And that is all for now. If you will excuse me, I am going to go and glue myself to my 3DS, as I just downloaded Pokemon Yellow.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That last link.. it's everything! I've been thinking it for a while.
    www.MARINASAYS.com

    ReplyDelete